How long do we hold your personal information?
If you do not complete the process to become a Host Family then we delete your personal information two years after the information was received.
If you become a Host Family then we retain your personal information for six years after you cease hosting students with us.
What are your rights with regard to your personal information?
At any time that we are in possession of or are processing your personal information you have the following rights:
- the right to access your personal and supplementary information and to receive a copy of that information free of charge;
- the right to have incorrect or incomplete personal information rectified or completed, within one calendar month of correction or completion being requested;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask for your personal information to be erased (details of the circumstances will be supplied on request);
- the right, in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your personal information (details of the circumstances will be supplied on request);
- the right to have the information we hold about you in electronic form transferred, free of charge, to another organisation within one calendar month of a request being made;
- the right to object to your personal information being used for certain purposes, for example, direct marketing.
What are your rights of complaint?
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we collect or process your personal information you should complain to us by contacting one of our country offices:
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body for the United Kingdom, which is known as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Instructions for contacting the ICO can be found on its website:
For further information on how your personal information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your right to access information we have on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org